Top Trump official Seema Verma ‘abused’ government rules by spending $3.5 million in taxpayer money to boost her own profile, according to a congressional investigation
… Read More
- Seema Verma, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services chief, “abused the federal contracting process” and “wasted millions of taxpayer dollars,” according to a new congressional investigation.
- Verma paid a team of expensive media consultants to help her land high-profile interviews, meet with journalists and lawmakers, and craft written materials.
- In one instance, Verma paid consultants nearly $3,000 in taxpayer money to put together a “Girl’s Night” at USA Today reporter Susan Page’s Washington home.
- In July 2020, the Health and Human Services inspector general found that Verma broke federal contracting rules.
- HHS spokesperson Michael Caputo called the congressional report “another reckless drive-by election year hit job” in a statement to Politico.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Seema Verma, the head of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid